General statement about Oil Fusion
The Oil Fusion is passionate about toxic free living by fusing essential oils into every aspect of daily life. We believe in an integrated approach to overall health and wellness, incorporating the ancient wisdom of various cultures and infusing them into modern day living.
I am Bhairvi Patel and I am extremely thrilled to share what I have learned about chemical free living over the past year.
I believe in these essential oils more than anything I have believed in my life.
I never imagined I would be here telling others about it.
There is a force I can’t explain driving me to do this. Being a pharmacist, I never believed much in the natural medicine.
About 3 years ago, I developed new onset allergies and asthma due to an environmental mold exposure which I didn’t realize was the cause until too much damage had already been done.
I tried all the traditional methods and nothing helped.
- I had sinus surgery to minimize the constant sinus infections requiring antibiotics
- I had extensive allergy and skin patch testing but nothing added up. I am in the extremely low percent of people who could not tolerate allergy shots to boost my immune repose
- I tried every possible allergy, asthma medication at doses more than what is recommended by the drug company. I even receive a monthly injection of a monoclonal antibody to block my immune response
- I have gone to numerous allergists, endocrinologists, rheumatologists, dermatologists and pulmonologist for a second opinion. Unfortunately, everyone pointed me to another specialist and I eventually ended up right back to the allergist. I even made a trip out to the prestigious Mayo clinic with little help insight, other than more follow-up visits to a place very far away.
Then I started living in a bubble
- I started an elimination diet which I am still on to this day. Eating out with me is not easy, I typically feel quite sick for days most times when I try a new restaurant
- I practice significant trigger avoidance by removing all types of carpet and upholstered furniture. Our home must be all wood with no rugs. We keep minimal furnishing to avoid dust as much as possible.
- Every mattress, box spring, pillow, and comforter is covered with an allergy cover. When I travel, I need to take all of those covers with me. My family can tell you how much of a pain it is to plan and take a vacation
- Things as simple as visiting family who have carpet, going to the mall, passing the fragrance section, and smelling foods which I could not tolerate would throw me into an asthma exacerbation
- You can say I pretty much lived in a bubble for at least 2 years
I developed a lot of side effects from all the steroids I took. The scariest is this adrenal insufficiency which I may have to live with for the rest of my life.
My first encounter with natural medicine was with acupuncture which helped but didn’t fully resolve everything. I have been going for the past 2 years and feel it really helps with strengthening my immune function; however only lasts for 3-4 days.
Then one day while playing in Pinterest, I ran across some information about essential oils. I tried store bought essential oils and my body did not react well to them so I did some research. Due to my pharmacy training, I knew that the regulations for what goes in over the counter supplements was not the greatest. Then I found Young Living and knew they were the safest company to use due to their Seed to Seal Promise. They controlled all aspects of the productions process which made me feel at ease. When I received my first premium starter kit, I was amazed by the support these little bottles of oils provided my body. I initially started diffusing them and applying them topically which genuinely helped. When I finally got up the courage to start taking them in a bottle of water is when I was blown away. I felt assured taking these orally since Young Living has a Vitality line which has been FDA approved for oral use.
I have to admit when I first started using the oils, I was a bit overwhelmed with how to use them. After finding the right resources to help me, I was able to unlock the true potential of these essential oils. The oils helped support my respiratory system and immune function. I was actually starting to breathe better and react a lot less than I had in the past. After about 3 months of using them, I was even able to go on a camping trip with my family. My allergist, who I had been working with when I started using essential oils, was shocked when I told her. Overall my outdoor allergies have significantly improved. I am still trying to find support for my indoor issues, but am hopeful that will improve one day as well.
Unlike some of the other modalities I tried in the past, I did not experience any side effects. They actually had a positive impact on my mood and hormone balance. I can’t believe how much calmer, happier and better equipped to handle stress I am.
In this process, I started looking at removing the chemicals in my cleaning products, personal care items and cosmetics. As I slowly removed these, I noticed my allergies and asthma improve even more.
I am now a believer in functional medicine which focuses on trying to get to the root cause of a disease. I truly believe that there is a place for both western medicine and natural medicine to support body systems.
I hope to have the opportunity to be this support person in your path the toxic free living through the use of essential oils and oil infused supplements.